While the country and the world respond to the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to follow public health guidelines. The safety of our students and staff is our top priority – as is our commitment to continuing to provide a quality alternative education experience for every one of our students. If you have additional questions about our response during the pandemic please give us a call at (602) 840-2997.
Are Ombudsman Arizona Charter Schools Open?
Yes – at all of our campuses, the school front office and classrooms are open. Services offered include:
- In-person instruction
- Remote/hybrid instruction
- Internet access
- Scheduled counselor appointments
- Mental health support services
- Scheduled tutoring sessions
How does Ombudsman Arizona Charter plan to open?
Our goal is to safely deliver our unique educational experience in a COVID-19 active environment. We prioritize the safety and well-being of the entire ChanceLight community including students, families, staff, and district/community partners.
Ombudsman Charter Schools, as part of the Chancelight community, have established procedures with guidance provided by the Arizona Department of Education, relevant executive orders provided by the Governor, and the Center for Disease Control. We maintain focus on helping our student community meet academic needs and graduate from high school.
How does remote/hybrid learning work at Ombudsman Arizona Charter?
In response to public health guidelines, Arizona Charter teachers and staff have acted quickly to adapt the curriculum to facilitate remote learning for our students.
Here’s what we’re doing:
- Expanding online/e-learning so students can keep making progress;
- Providing hard copy packets to students who don’t have Internet or computer access;
- Making teachers available by phone, email and text so students can receive ongoing support from teachers;
- Working with individual students to continue to provide the personal attention and support to help them achieve their academic goals.
Arizona Charter teachers, staff and leadership are here to support our students adjusting to this transition. If students need any additional resources or accommodations throughout their remote learning experience, we encourage them to contact us.
Can new students still enroll during this time?
Yes! New and returning students are welcome to sign up using this form to get the process started. A member of our school team will contact you once your information is received.