Countdown to First Day of School!
Ombudsman Career Academy is a program that helps adults aged 22 and older complete their high school diploma and level up into a new career. We offer individualized learning experiences for students needing a second chance. Students can work at their own pace, around other responsibilities, onsite or remotely. Our mentors provide onsite and remote academic support, keep students on track to graduation, and help them transition into the college, tech program, or career opportunity of their choice.
Eligible students are:
- Aged 22 or older
- Live in the state of Arizona
- Have Internet access and access to a computer
- Ready to commit to school
Career Academy students can:
- Work from home 100% of the time, around their personal responsibilities
- Work on campus any time, Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Work using a combination of home and on-site opportunities
Why Choose Ombudsman Career Academy?
- We provide a personalized approach to your learning experience.
- We work with you to identify your career goals right from the start, and help you line up the right course content and industry certifications that align best to your goals.
- You can work on one class at a time so you are not overwhelmed with a large course load.
- There is not a mandatory number of log-in hours. However quickly you finish your classes determines how soon you graduate!
- All students receive a FREE student Microsoft 365 account, including access to Microsoft Office programs (Word, Powerpoint, etc), to use on assignments or home projects.
- You’ll complete a “Mastering Soft Skills For Workplace Success Certificate,” with valuable lessons including: Professionalism, Communication, Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, Networking, Teamwork, Enthusiasm, Attitude.
- You get to pick your own hours and have control over your schedule.
- You can balance work, family, and life obligations while attending our program.
Frequently Asked Questions about Ombudsman Career Academy
The program is completely free! However, students must have reliable access to the internet and a computer.
Starting from the very first class, we assess and inventory your interests and offer college and career planning to get you jump started thinking about a future career.
Career Academy also provides comprehensive support for your future by:
- Connecting you with different technical or training programs of interest
- Assisting you through the college application process
- Helping tailor your resume and cover letter for different jobs
- Helping you with job applications
- Access to Job Fairs
- Exposing you to multiple growing industries in the area
- Helping you search for schools and training programs in their areas of interest
Both options are available. Students' courses are all on an online platform. They can work remotely or come to our drop-in site Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM. They can get academic support both remotely (via phone or Microsoft Teams) & on site.
You must be 22 years or older, and live in the state of Arizona. That’s it!
Our academic advisors handle requesting the transcripts from your previous school(s) for you. If there is a fee, then the advisor will inform the student that they must request it themselves.
- Cable networking industry certifications (C-Tech)
- Medical billing and coding industry certifications (NHA)
- Medical Assisting industry certifications (NHA)
- Microsoft Innovation Certificates
- Microsoft Office Specialist industry certifications
- Credit Based Work Opportunities
- Transition Community Based Internship Opportunities and Certifications
Clubs & Groups
Dear Ombudsman Career Academy Families,
Ombudsman Career Academy is excited to open it’s doors and offer a tuition-free high school program for students 22 years and older. Our primary goal is to impact our community by providing the opportunity for families to level up academically and in their career success.
Students have the ability to balance life and school responsibilities because there is no seat time or on-site attendance required. Our online program is available 24 hours, 7 days a week. Students can work on their classes anytime, anywhere. An assigned mentor will work closely with students to create a graduation plan, support them academically, and guide them step by step to achieve graduation.
Post high school, we provide guidance connecting students with employers, college, tech or industry certification programs that will help students achieve career success. We are excited to see our community level up!
Miss Lupita Ingram, M.Ed.
Principal, Ombudsman Career Academy